Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 update rollup: November 2012
Important The following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles redirect you to this article:
This article describes the update rollup for Windows 8 and for Windows Server 2012 that is dated November 2012. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements for Windows 8 and for Windows Server 2012. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
This update rollup includes the following performance and reliability improvements:
- Enable enterprise customers to customize the default lock screen.
- Improves the performance when you wake the computer and when the computer is asleep, in order to improve battery life
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Windows Store Apps from being installed fully
- Other software updates and performance improvements
For more information about how to work around this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2787757 Configuring Updates stage stops at 15 percent completion when you try to install update 2770917 in Windows 8
This update also resolves an issue in which you cannot scan data by using a USB 3.0 scanner that is connected to a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2770436 You cannot scan data by using a USB 3.0 scanner that is connected to a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer
How to obtain the updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File informationFor more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2782531 File information for update 2770917
If you have questions about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2770917 - Last Review: 07/25/2013 01:50:00 - Revision: 6.0
Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Standard
- kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew atdownload kbcip KB2770917