The update is supported on all Windows 7 and Windows 8-based computers. However, the microcode update is active only on computers that use an AMD Family 0x14 (20) processor. To determine whether a computer uses this processor, follow these steps:
- On the computer, press the Windows key and the X key, and then select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Processors.
- Double-click the processor, and then click the Details tab.
- ln the drop-down list, click to select Hardware Ids.
- Examine the information in the details pane to determine whether the computer uses an AMD Family 0x14 (20) processor.
To install the update, go to the "Fix it for me
" section. If you prefer to install the update yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself
Fix it for me
To install the update, click the Fix it
button or link. Then click Run
in the File Download
dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Let me fix it myself
How to obtain the update
This update is available from Windows Update
- This update is published on Windows update as an important update for computers that are identified as having AMD Family 014 (20) Model 1 processor.
- This update is published on Windows Update as a critical update for computers that are identified as having the AMD Family 0x14 (20) Model 2 processor.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you another Windows Update setting, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
You can obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center: Download the Update for Windows Server 2012 (KB2818604) package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To apply this update, you must be running Windows 7 or Windows 8.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update does not replace any other updates.