A OneDrive for Business file or folder never finishes synchronization
Note To determine which OneDrive sync client you're using, see the following Microsoft website:
You use OneDrive for Business to sync a Microsoft SharePoint library to your computer. When you view files in the local folder where files are synchronized, some folders or files continue to display the blue syncing indicator instead of the green check mark that indicates a successful sync. This behavior continues to occur, even after you wait for a long time.
- You encountered one of the following restrictions or limitations:
2933738 Restrictions and limitations when you sync SharePoint libraries to your computer through OneDrive for Business
- The number of items that can be synchronized
- The size limit for syncing files
- Invalid characters in a file name or folder name
- The character limit for a SharePoint file name, folder name, or path
- A file contains a link to another file, and that link was broken by relocation. For example, the folder may contain a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that contains a link to a video file. Or, a webpage that was saved as a file may link to content in other files.
- Local disk space to process the files is lacking.
- Older versions only: A file in the library has no data. Files that contain no data are 0 KB.
- The local path limit of 260 characters was exceeded. This includes counting from the root drive. For example, C:\.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 2836073 - Last Review: 03/22/2016 22:00:00 - Revision: 6.0
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB2836073