Description of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for SharePoint Server 2013. This service pack includes two kinds of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that are included in this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the monthly security updates that were released through January 2014, and all the Cumulative Updates that were released through December 2013.
In addition, this service pack also fixes the following issue:
The Search box is missing after installing the public update such as MS13-100 (KB 2850058). You may receive the "Sorry something went wrong" error message when you try to access the Search Center.
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2880556 List of all Service Pack 1 (SP1) packages for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and related server products
Overview of SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 improvementsThe following are the key areas of improvement that are offered by this SP1:
- Provides compatibility with Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note Requires a new installation of the full product from media.
- Improves compatibility with Internet Explorer 11.
- Provides ability to connect on-premises SharePoint users to OneDrive for Business (formerly SkyDrive Pro) in the cloud for their personal site storage.
- A new setting lets site administrators turn off the main SharePoint social newsfeed while adding a link to Yammer (off by default).
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesThe following workbook is available for download. This workbook lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.Note This workbook is available only in English.
Technical informationFor more information about this service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2817458 Technical details about Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and related server products
Article ID: 2880552 - Last Review: 04/22/2014 17:11:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- atdownload kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2880552