Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 is available for on-premises customers.
Windows Update installation
Use Windows Update to automatically install Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. This update rollup will be available on Windows Updates in April 2014.
You can configure Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting addresses noncritical problems and helps improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically when you use this setting.
To learn more about the settings for installing Windows updates, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To install Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box.
- In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts you to review important updates, select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
Note Click any update for more information.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password. Confirm that you accept the terms if you are prompted to do this.
To manually install Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2919956, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
For more information about the Microsoft Update Catalog, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
Additional installation information
- After you install this update rollup, you should exit any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM sessions and then start a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM session.
- When you deprovision a language pack, the language settings of all Microsoft Dynamics CRM users who are using that language will revert to the default language settings. The reprovisioning process does not update the language settings of users. Therefore, users must reset their language settings in the personal options section when they log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
If you are prompted to restart the computer, you must do this after you apply the update rollup.
You can uninstall Update Rollup 2 from a server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. However, make sure that you back up your databases before you uninstall Update Rollup 2. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) websites:
Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.