Scan Runtime API incorrectly computes the horizontal start position for ADF in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You install a Scan and Capture application on the computer.
- You start the application, and then you configure the document setting to be smaller than the standard document size, such as 4x6.
- You load a 4x6 or smaller document into a scanner by using a center-fed automatic document feeder (ADF).
In this scenario, the scan result is left-justified instead of centered.
To resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2930522 - Last Review: 04/08/2014 19:42:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2930522