Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1 and CRM Online Spring '14
This service pack is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
Note: Microsoft will support a configuration that is Citrix XenApp 6.5 with session virtualization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook on a single XenApp instance. That support is only for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1 for Outlook.
Please note that Citrix deployment may include a complex configuration topology based on other configurations, and these are not supported. For example, these configurations are not supported:
· Citrix products like XenApp (except for version 6.5), XenDesktop, and XenServer and versions of these products
· Application streaming modes
· Modes of application deployment
· Options for load balancing
· Application virtualization layered on top of other virtualization technologies (such as Network and storage virtualization technologies)
To see all of the new features in this release, go to the following Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Center websites:
Important Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP1 includes all updates that are contained in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Update Rollup 2 and also contains new updates. CRM 2013 SP1 will be required for any future update rollups that are based on CRM 2013 SP1.
For more information about future update rollups for CRM 2013 and CRM 2013 SP1, see the following Microsoft TechNet topic:
Build number and file names for this service pack
|Rollup package||Build number||File name (32-bit editions)||File name (64-bit editions)|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Server||6.1.0000.0581||Not applicable||CRM2013-Server-KB2941390-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Microsoft Office Outlook||6.1.0000.0581||CRM2013-Client-KB2941390-ENU-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2013-Client-KB2941390-ENU-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 E-mail Router||6.1.0000.0581||CRM2013-Router-KB2941390-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2013-Router-KB2941390-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Language Pack||6.1.0000.0581||CRM2013-Mui-KB2941390-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2013-Mui-KB2941390-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Reporting Extensions||6.1.0000.0581||Not applicable||CRM2013-Srs-KB2941390-LangID-amd64.exe|
Service Pack informationMicrosoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP1 is available for on-premises customers.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1
Windows Update installationUse Windows Update to automatically install Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. This service pack will be available on Windows Update in Q2 of 2014.
You can configure Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting addresses noncritical problems and helps improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically when you use this setting.
To learn more about the settings to install Windows updates, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To install Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box.
- In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts you to review important updates, select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
Note Click any update for more information.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password. Confirm that you accept the terms if you are prompted to do this.
Manual installationTo manually install Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2941390, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
Additional installation information
- After you install this service pack, exit any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM sessions, and then start a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM session.
- When you deprovision a language pack, the language settings of all Microsoft Dynamics CRM users who are using that language will revert to the default language settings. The reprovisioning process does not update the language settings of users. Therefore, users must reset their language settings in the personal options section when they log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
Restart requirementIf you are prompted to restart the computer, do this after you apply the service pack.
Removal informationService Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 cannot be uninstalled from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to roll back the program to the previous version.
Issues that are resolved in Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- When creating a quick campaign using letter via mail merge in the wizard selecting the data fields will throw an error
“An error has occurred. Please return to the homepage and try again”
- When you are using CRM 2013 and not using IFD or claims based authentication, the link created by the Yammer integration will not be correct for path based URLs. The links created for the yammer feed are missing the orgname
- Add New button missing from lookup forms in the Ipad application for Dynamics CRM
- When you call the setLabel function to change the label of a control and that control is marked as required, the required asterisk is removed. This also occurs if the control is marked as recommended and the label is changed with the setLabel function. If you then attempt to set the requirement level after changing the label, the asterisk is shown before the label instead of after.
- When creating a Quick Create Form in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 using the Form Editor, the security roles of System Customizer and System Administrator are being applied to the form preventing users without those roles from accessing the forms and in some cases, they are unable to access CRM when there is no fallback form for the user to use.
- Updating an activity using Real-time workflow to update the owner causes an error: “There should be only one owner party for an activity”
- If an entity that has the Social Pane on the form has its Post Configuration disabled in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and have set the control to default to the Notes tab in the Form Editor, the control will default to the Activities tab.
- Synchronous workflow fails with an error on update: Business Process error: An Unexpected Error occurred
- When you are using CRM 2013 web client and outlook client and you view an entity record you may experience scripting errors or sub grids on the entity form appear to continuously refresh. If you get a script error it will state in the details <Message>Object expected</Message>
- Unresolved sender email address not showing as unresolved on the email form and Convert to Case does not work
- When a customer requests a POC of their CRM Online database in order to test their customizations prior to their CRM Online upgrade to 2013 they are not able to import the database into CRM 2013 on premise. The import fails with an error stating that some solution components could not be removed. This occurs if the customer had opted into the Fall 2013 update to CRM Online.
- When you use the Forward mailbox option and server side synchronization for incoming email, the incoming emails too be delivered into CRM from the Forward mailbox will be delivered no matter what the preferences are for the user and queue parties. For example if an email contains a TO party that is a user and that user only accepts emails in reply to CRM emails, they will get all emails no matter if it is not a reply to CRM email.
- When you click the note content of an existing note in the social pane of a CRM form, and then without changing anything on the note, you click anywhere else on the form, the note will be modified. However nothing changed.
- Typing ALT(AltGR)+E to enter a € symbol causes the page to refresh
- SDK- preventDefault is not working to stop deactivation from Account record
- When having a subgrid which shows records, if you open one of the records and click Next from the record, it will freeze and then show a script error.
- Spaces used in a Grid URL cause the URL to add additional http:// to the beginning of the URL and renders as http://http://
- When opening and closing service activities in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook, the parent ribbon for the Service Calendar will render a single blank tab.
- User Lookup View of Japanese CRM does have Full Name column unlike English CRM 2013.
- The Postfix setting in the Fiscal Year Settings menu cannot be changed from the default blank setting.
- When we import, the import logic creates two values for each entry within the RibbonDifBase. But When we export the application ribbon we do not have any check for this and we export 2 values directly from the DB to the XML. This if imported to a new org will create 4 values in the table RibbonDiffBase. If the solution is imported again to the same org causes an error
- If the setVisible Client API for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SDK is used on the form to hide a section or tab, any validation errors on the form will fail to clear even if the values are valid for the given attribute.
- Added organization enhancements to control potential data interception scenarios within specific incoming email conditions within an intranet deployment.
- In CRM 2013 there was a change to allow users who has Impersonate(actonbehalf) privileges to activate and deactivate the workflows. This also allows users with the appropriate permissions to activate and deactivate workflow owned by other users in the UI. When you do this it creates a new line in the workflow base making the user the published this workflow the owner. If the workflow is set to the scope of a User, this workflow will only fire for the modifiedby user (the user that published this.)
- When entering a note description in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 containing numeric characters such as "Lunch @ 2" or "1234567899" may not render correctly.
- Some fields lose data on save and synchronization when focus is not moved from the field when using the CRM Outlook client
- When using server side sync and configuring users mailbox for email sync, embedded images within emails are not displayed when using the web client to view the tracked email.
- Users are not able to select text on forms or fields that are read-only in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- The "like" feature from the Activity Feeds Posts wall is incorrectly translated in Portuguese-Brazil. It is "Como", instead of "Gostar". If the user clicks "Como", it turns into "Gostar (desfazer)". Translate the "like" feature from the Feeds Wall. The word "Como" is displayed on Activities posts wall instead of "Gostar".
- Consider the scenario where you qualify a lead and specify an existing Account or Contact to avoid the qualification process creating duplicates. If the fields parentaccountid or parentcontactid do not exist on the lead form, new Account and Contact records will be created regardless of whether or not existing Account and Contact records were specified in the dialog.
- Convert phone call does not open new opportunity record when requested
- If using the 2011 Outlook Client with UR15, UR16, or UR11cu, but have CRM Server version 2013. Clicking Advanced Find from Dashboards or any sitemap area other than views will generate a Permission Denied/Access Denied Script error.
- User images are not loaded within CRM 2013 if the Display Name and Unique Name of the Organization are not exactly the same
- Solution import fails with Update Rollup 16 failing when overwriting components
- If using custom number formats, charts render data points with the correct number format, however, this format is not applied on the x and y axis
- “Currency not set” when overriding the price and adding new Opportunity product
- When a manually tracked contact in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook is merged with another contact as a subordinate record, that contact can be incorrectly synchronized to Outlook if the Outlook Client is reconfigured.
- Custom plugin Exception is not thrown in UI
- After upgrade of CRM 2011 to 2013 or importing CRM 2011 Appointment customization users receive error pop up while saving appointment.
There was an error with this fields customized event.
Error:Object doesn't support property or method 'Form_onsave'
- In Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, users are unable to set a Matching Connection Role to the same Connection Role.
- Querying using OData endpoint returns 500 internal server error in Dynamics CRM 2013
- Dynamics CRM users are unable to add more than one Document Location when the document location is based on an entity centric structure, like: Account/<accountname>/opportunity/<opportunityname>
- Cannot Delete Audit Partitions in CRM 2013
- Cannot change owner on create of Appointment after Update Rollup 16
- Clicking the mail merge button in the Ribbon bar of the Advanced find screen opened from the Contacts entity doesn't do anything.
- After installing Update Rollup 16, CRM reports embedded in IFRAME objects (on forms / dashboards /etc...) no longer display correctly when using Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 10
- When using the CRM Email Router, attachment file names of incoming emails is created with guid appended in it.
- Users will notice that the Save and Close button does not save appointments or recurring appointments they've entered.
- Missing translations labels on exported translations file after merging Entity forms from Dynamics CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2013 Forms.
- When you edit a workflow in CRM Online or CRM 2013 and you have custom workflow activities that can be used in your workflow, or are already used in your workflow, it will take a long time before the form is ready to be edited. This may also result in an error and you may not be able to edit your workflow.
- When you apply conditional formatting to a CRM View in the Outlook Client, you receive an error when changing the sort order and navigating to page 2 of this view: "There was an error displaying the records in this view."
Hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually
For more information about how to install product updates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, see the following Microsoft TechNet topic:
Service Pack 1 File Information
Article ID: 2941390 - Last Review: 08/25/2014 19:37:00 - Revision: 9.0
- kbfix kbbug atdownload KB2941390