Sync issues with OneDrive for Business sync client during folder upload
This article contains information that applies when you use the OneDrive for Business sync client (groove.exe).
Note To determine which OneDrive sync client you're using, see the following Microsoft website:
Consider the following scenario:
- You synchronize a SharePoint Online library by using the OneDrive for Business sync client.
- You drag a local folder that contains more than 100 files into the folder that's configured to synchronize with SharePoint Online.
- The folder remains in a synchronizing state, and some files aren't uploaded after a reasonable period of time.
- You experience synchronization errors after you make additional changes to the affected files or folder.
To resolve this issue, upload folders that contain files in batches of 100 files or fewer.
This issue may occur when you upload many files to a folder to SharePoint Online.
For more information, go to the following Microsoft websites:
- Upload large files or many files to a library
- Upload files to your synced Office 365 library folder
- 2933738 Restrictions and limitations when you sync SharePoint libraries to your computer through OneDrive for Business
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 2979869 - Last Review: 03/07/2016 20:46:00 - Revision: 4.0
OneDrive for Business, Microsoft SharePoint Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB2979869