FIX: Access Violation error occurs when you run DDL SQL statements on a database in an instance of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL Server 2012 fixes as one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 fix release.
Consider the following scenario:
- You install Analysis Services in Multidimensional mode on an instance of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014.
- You create a grouping cube in a session that is connected to the instance, and then you run a query on the grouping cube in the same session.
- You run some Data Definition Language (DDL) SQL statements on the database through other sessions.
In this scenario, an access violation occurs when you process the database.
Cumulative Update informationThis issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 3 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
- Cumulative Update 10 for SQL Server 2014
- Cumulative Update 7 for SQL Server 2012 SP2
Recommendation: Install the latest cumulative update for SQL Server
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3073530 - Last Review: 10/19/2015 18:47:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB3073530