Windows Phone Apps cannot be deployed or added to Allowed Apps or Blocked Apps lists in System Center Configuration Manager
As an administrator, when you use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, you experience the following symptoms:
- When you click the Browse button in the Create Application Wizard to create a valid link in the Windows Phone app package browser, the link is not resolved and you cannot click OK. When you try to provide the location manually instead of by using the Browse button, you receive the following error message:Specify a valid link to a Windows Store app.
This occurs even when you use a valid link in the following format:https://www.microsoft.com/locale/store/type/AppName/AppID
Note In this address, the <type> placeholder can represent either "apps or "games."
You can still use the following old format in the Location field:https://www.windowsphone.com/locale/store/app/AppName/GUID
- When you use Configuration Manager app compliance policies to try to create an Allowed Apps or Blocked Apps list for Windows Phone 8.1 devices, you cannot create the list.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have one of the following installed:
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 2
- Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 2
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Note We recommend that you close Configuration Manager Administration Console before you apply this hotfix package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dmp.msi||Not Applicable||5,385,216||26-Jun-2015||01:40||Not Applicable|
|Configmgr2012adminui-sp2r2sp1-kb3081699-i386.msp||Not Applicable||90,135,040||26-Jun-2015||01:40||Not Applicable|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about how to create and deploy applications for mobile devices in Configuration Manager.
Learn about App Compliance for Mobile Devices in Configuration Manager.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3081699 - Last Review: 08/08/2015 11:26:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1, Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbautohotfix kbfix kbhotfixserver kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB3081699