FIX: Case-sensitive does not work in MDS database in SQL Server 2014
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Master Data Services (MDS) database by using the Create Database wizard, and select the "Case-sensitive" option in the Database page of the wizard.
- You create an entity that contains a domain-based attribute.
- The domain-based attribute is based on another entity that contains similar Name or Code values.
- You open the entity in MDS Explorer.
The issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server: Recommendation: Install the latest cumulative update for SQL Server
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. We recommend that you download and install the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 3082005 - Last Review: 10/19/2015 19:41:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3082005