Cumulative update for Windows 10: October 13, 2015
This update for Windows 10 includes functionality improvements and resolves the vulnerabilities in Windows that are described in the following Microsoft security bulletins and advisory:
- KB3096447 MS15-111: Security Update for Windows Kernel to address elevation of privilege: October 13, 2015
- KB3096443 MS15-109: Security update for Windows Shell to address remote code execution: October 13, 2015
- KB3096448 MS15-107: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: October 13, 2015
- KB3096441 MS15-106: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: October 13, 2015
- KB3097966 Microsoft security advisory: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing: October 13, 2015
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is available through Windows Update and will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo obtain the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
ImportantIf you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3093266.
File informationFor a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update 3097617, download the file information for update 3097617.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
Article ID: 3097617 - Last Review: 10/13/2015 17:01:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix kbsurveynew atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability KB3097617