Cumulative Update for Windows 10: January 12, 2016
This security update for Windows 10 includes improvements in the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3124605 MS16-008: Security Update for Windows kernel to address elevation of privilege: January 12, 2016
- 3124901 MS16-007: Security Update for Windows to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124584 MS16-005: Security Update for Windows kernel-mode drivers to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124904 MS16-002: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: January 12, 2016
- 3124275 MS16-001: Security update for Internet Explorer: January 12, 2016
- 3118753 Microsoft security advisory: Updates for ActiveX kill bits
Customers running Windows 10 or Windows 10 Version 1511 who have Citrix XenDesktop installed will not be offered the update. Because of a Citrix issue with the XenDesktop software, users who install the update will be prevented from logging on. To stay protected, Microsoft recommends uninstalling the incompatible software and installing this update. Customers should contact Citrix for more information and help with this XenDesktop software issue.
Known issue in this update
Third-party information disclaimer
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3116869.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
File informationFor a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update, download the file information for cumulative update 3124266.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3124266 - Last Review: 01/14/2016 20:35:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB3124266