Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2013
Cumulative Update 13 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 was released on June 21, 2016. Several nonsecurity issues are fixed in this cumulative update or a later cumulative update for Exchange Server 2013.
Download Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB3135743) now.
Get Cumulative Update 13 for Exchange Server 2013
- The Cumulative Update 13 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2013 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to Cumulative Update 13.
- It is not necessary to install any Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Updates or Service Packs released prior to Cumulative Update 13 before you install Cumulative Update 13.
This update fixes the security issues that are described in the MS16-079: Security update for Microsoft Exchange: June 14, 2016 article.
Issues that this cumulative update fixes
Additionally, this cumulative update fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB 3164701 Can't create a new send connector in Exchange Control Panel in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3164700 Write scope in EAC on a role group reverts to default scope in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3164359 Stop error and restart triggered by ServerOneCopyInternalMonitorForceReboot responder in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3163186 "Repair update" message after you send a meeting invitation to a distribution list in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3163173 NDR after you accept or decline a meeting request in Exchange 2013
- KB 3163039 Email message body is garbled when Simplified Chinese characters are included on BCC line in an Exchange Server environment
- KB 3162964 Items are held unnecessarily in the DiscoveryHold folder in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3162957 "Invalid search filter" error when you use the "UM Mailbox Policy" filter in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3162934 Test-ExchangeSearch cmdlet fails without parameters or with the -MailboxDatabase parameter in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3162933 Outlook client remains disconnected after the mailbox is migrated to Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3162772 Accepted or declined messages for a forwarded meeting are sent to the forwarder in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3161916 Data loss may occur during public folder migration to Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016, or Exchange Online
- KB 3160935 Public folder forwarding rule doesn't work after migration to Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3150799 IMAP with NTLM fails if a user's UPN and primary SMTP address don't match in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3150036 The EdgeTransport process crashes on an Exchange Server 2013 server that has the Edge Server role installed
- KB 3149767 "System.FormatException" error is logged in Event Viewer when Exchange Server 2013 runs on a French operating system
- KB 3142157 Exchange Server Health Management Worker process restarts frequently in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3140102 OWA application pool crashes with KeyNotFound exception in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3129946 Update to support the AutoReseed feature in a DAG environment that's BitLocker-enabled in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3126723 Retention policy doesn't work on the In-Place Archive mailbox in Exchange Server
- KB 2661294 Email address policy doesn't generate addresses of recipients in Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2013
Cumulative update information
PrerequisitesThe setup process for Exchange Server 2013 identifies any missing prerequisites.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationYou don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
Removal informationAfter you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2013 is removed from the server.
For more information about the deployment of Exchange Server 2013, see Release notes for Exchange 2013.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2013 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2013 system requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server Updates: build numbers and release dates.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3135743 - Last Review: 06/24/2016 09:48:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1
- kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter atdownload KB3135743