How to revert OneDrive for Business library syncing from onedrive.exe to groove.exe
After you upgrade to the OneDrive Next Generation sync client (onedrive.exe) from the previous OneDrive for Business sync client (groove.exe), you’re unable to re-enable groove.exe to sync your OneDrive for Business library.
This article discusses how to stop onedrive.exe from syncing your OneDrive for Business library, and then use groove.exe to sync that library.
Note To determine which OneDrive sync client you're using, see the following Microsoft website:
To enable groove.exe to sync your OneDrive for Business library, follow these steps:
Disable onedrive.exe from syncing a OneDrive for Business site
- Find the correct OneDrive for Business cloud in your notification area. When you move your pointer over the correct OneDrive for Business cloud icon, you should see OneDrive - <organization name>. Any other combination of text like OneDrive for Business – Up to date or OneDrive – Personal isn't the correct icon.
- Right-click the OneDrive - <organization name> cloud and select Settings.
- Select the Account tab and then click Unlink OneDrive.
- Close the sign in dialog box.
Modify the registry to allow for groove.exe to sync a OneDrive for Business siteImportant Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Navigate to following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Common\Groove
- Double-click the key DisableMySiteSync.
- Change the Value data field to the number zero (0) and then click OK.
Finish setting up the OneDrive for Business sync
- Restart your computer.
- Browse to your OneDrive for Business website by using a web browser.
- Press the Sync button on the top toolbar of your site.
- At the prompt, click Sync Now to start the sync application wizard. The wizard automatically fills in the name and web address of the library.
- Click Sync Now in the wizard to start syncing.
- You can click Show my files… in the wizard to open the synced library folder in File Explorer. The folder is listed in your Favorites.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 3143305 - Last Review: 02/23/2016 03:25:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB3143305