Update 3 (KB3144617) for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self Service Portal
This article describes the new features that are included and the issues that are fixed in Update 3 (KB3144617) for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self Service Portal. It also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Other updates that are includedNote System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self Service Portal updates are cumulative. Therefore, this update contains a new payload together with the payload from following previous updates:
- 3134286 Update 3134286 is available for the System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self-Service Portal
- 3124091 A hotfix (build 7.5.3079.523) is available for the System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Self-Service Portal
New feature improvements that are included
- Attachments are now included in the Action log and can be downloaded.
- The Must Vote and Has Veto information is added for reviewers in Review activities.
- By default, the portal puts custom enumerations for My Request (incident and service requests) states in the Closed filter category. Now the portal also allows for customization to map-required custom states to the Active filter category.
Issues that are fixed
- Multiple selections across pages in the Query UI do not work.
- Enums in a list don't appear in the same order as they are shown on the console.
- You cannot scroll to last item in Internet Explorer 10.
- Selections of an optional query element in a request offering is not mapped to work item fields.
- The Resolved Date property for an incident is not set while you're resolving an incident from the Self Service Portal.
- When you author the request offering, custom properties cannot be mapped to an activity that's part of another activity.
- The portal doesn't set the Actual End Date or Decision Date values for manual and review activities.
- The portal displays an incorrect time when the server uses the 12 Hr (AM/PM) time format.
- Request offerings and service offerings are unsorted (after this update, they are displayed alphabetically).
- Marking a manual activity as failed moves it to the Completed state.
- The Date Picker in a request offering form keeps the date only in U.S. format.
- A request offering form crashes if it contains an empty Simple list form element.
How to obtain and install Update 3 (KB3144617)
Download informationUpdate packages for Service Manager Self Service Portal are available from Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft Download CenterGo to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Download Center:
Note This update is only applicable for deployments running Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager with Update Rollup 8 (new HTML self service portal) installed.
Before the installationBefore you apply this hotfix, if you made any customizations in the portal sidebar by using the steps mentioned in Customizing the left menu bar, you must backup the Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
InstallationTo install this update, follow these steps:
- Download the "SelfServicePortal_CU_KB3144617_amd64_7.5.3079.572.EXE" update on the server that hosts your Self Service Portal.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
Verify the installationTo verify the successful installation of this hotfix:
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View Installed Updates.
- If the following item is listed, the installation succeeded:Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager R2 Self Service Portal (KB3144617)
After the installationAfter you apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- If any customizations were backed up for the portal sidebar (as mentioned in the "Before the installation" section), merge the required changes in the updated Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
- Restart the server that hosts your portal IIS server.
Files updated in this hotfix
|Files that are changed||File size||File version|
Article ID: 3144617 - Last Review: 05/11/2016 12:09:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter atdownload KB3144617