Cumulative Update for Windows 10: April 12, 2016
This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3148531 MS16-037: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- 3148532 MS16-038: Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge: May 10, 2016
- 3148522 MS16-039: Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3148541 MS16-040: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Service to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3143118 MS16-045: Security Update for Windows Hyper-V to address Denial of Service: March 8, 2016
- 3148538 MS16-046: Security Update for Secondary Logon to Address Elevation of Privilege
- 3148527 MS16-047: Security Update for Security Account Manager Remote Protocol to Address Elevation of Privilege
- 3148528 MS16-048: Security Update for CSRSS to Address Remote Code Execution
- 3148795 MS16-049: Security Update for Internet Information Services (IIS) to Address Denial of Service
Windows 10 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously released fixes.
If you have installed earlier updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your computer. If you are installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package for the x86 version is 314 MB and the package for the x64 version is 661 MB.
Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou may be prompted to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces a previously released security update 3140745.
File informationFor a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update, download the file information for cumulative update 3147461.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3147461 - Last Review: 04/18/2016 22:40:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbcontentauto KB3147461