Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Service Pack 1 (SP1) (on-premises) are now available.
This article describes the updates and changes that are included in this update.
This update is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016.
To see all the new features in this release, go to the following Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Center websites:
Build number and file names for this update
|Update package||Build number||File name (32-bit editions)||File name (64-bit editions)|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Server||8.1.0000.0359||Not applicable||CRM2016-Server-KB3154952-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 for Microsoft Office Outlook||8.1.0000.0371||CRM2016-Client-KB3154952-ENU-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2016-Client-KB3154952-ENU-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 E-mail Router||8.1.0000.0359||CRM2016-Router-KB3154952-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2016-Router-KB3154952-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Language Pack||8.1.0000.0359||CRM2016-Mui-KB3154952-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2016-Mui-KB3154952-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Reporting Extensions||8.1.0000.0359||Not applicable||CRM2016-Srs-KB3154952-LangID-amd64.exe|
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1
For Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1, the version is 18.104.22.1682
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 SP1 (on-premises) are now available.
Windows Update installation
Use Windows Update to automatically install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Service Pack 1 (on-premises). This update will be available through Windows Update in Q3 of 2016.
You can configure Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting addresses noncritical problems and helps improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically when you use this setting.
To learn more about the settings to install Windows updates, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Service Pack 1 (on-premises) by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box.
- In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts you to review important updates, select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
Note Click any update for more information.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password. Confirm that you accept the terms if you are prompted to do this.
To manually install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 SP1 (on-premises), follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 3154952, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
For more information about the Microsoft Update Catalog, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
Additional installation information
- After you install this update, exit any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM sessions, and then start a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM session.
- When you deprovision a language pack, the language settings of all Microsoft Dynamics CRM users who are using that language will revert to the default language settings. The reprovisioning process does not update the language settings of users. Therefore, users must reset their language settings in the personal options section when they log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016.
If you are prompted to restart the computer, do this after you apply the update.
Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 cannot be uninstalled from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to roll back the program to the previous version.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 S1 (on-premises)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 SP1 (on-premises) resolve the following issues:
- Fix: Incorrect navigation property names during upgrade from CRM 2016 RTM to CRM 2016 Update 1.0.
- Outgoing and incoming e-mail stops processing for all organizations.
- Using Internet Facing Deployment the OWA App is not loaded in Edge browser.
- Using Compose Mode in OWA is adding a known lead into the "To" Field and clicking retry throws an error.
- Incorrect numbers are displayed for Recent Cases and Opportunities on the Record form.
- Can't create Opportunities if Business Process Flow exists.
- Can't add members from one Marketing List to another.
- Update logic of Record Creation Rules automatically updates the Regarding Object Entity data.
- Activities, Contacts, and Tasks are not synced when connecting CRM Online to Exchange On Premises in Hybrid mode.
- RetrieveInlineSearchResults doesn't filter lookup types by Read/Append Privilege.
- Incorrectly modified on date displayed in Social Pane for Activity Records created after 6:30 PM.
- Large workflows are slow to run in CRM Online.
- IOS and Android Dynamics CRM apps fail to configure if an uppercase value is in the organization URL.
- Fix: Missing publication warning dialog box when the user performs any action in Activity Feeds configuration.
- Navigation after Related Record Grid operation is redirected to a Form instead of a View.
- The OptionSet control methods for StatusCode Field is not working.
- Bulk edit on entities causes the Status Reason Field to revert to the default value.
- Incorrect Next Page link for related entities.
- Quote Product, Order Product, and Invoice Product Forms are updated.
- Cloning a Product causes sharing of the image.
- Server Side Synchronization Performance Dashboard should have a name or description that indicates that it is for troubleshooting.
- an create Navigation properties that have the same Name on an Entity.
- Can't add Contacts from one static Marketing List to another.
- The message "Web browser tying to close the window" appears when you try to use the CRM app for Outlook in Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge.
- Outgoing E-mail and Incoming E-mail stop processing for the organization.
- Uninstalling a Managed Solution causes Business Rules to be deactivated.
- (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 only) Slow Performance when you open Customize the System, and other associated views.
- (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 only) Error when you install sample data on Finnish (1035), Hungarian (1038), and Norwegian (1044) languages.
Hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 contains updates that you must configure manually. These include the Portal, Field Service, and Project Service products. These require the customer to install the solution from the Office 365 portal. To receive the product updates, you must opt in.
For more information about how to install product updates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, see the following Microsoft TechNet topic:
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
File information for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 SP1 (on-premises)