"Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing
When you run the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard, you may receive one of the following error messages:
An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. The dependency service or group failed to start.
1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix
" section. If you prefer to fix this problem manually, go to the "Let me fix it myself
Here's an easy fix
To fix this problem automatically, click the Download
button. In the File Download
dialog box, click Run
, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myself
Easy fix 50562
To resolve this issue, make sure that all dependent services have been started. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
- Under Pick a Task, click Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems.
- In the Tools area, click System Configuration Utility.
- In the right pane, click Open System Configuration Utility. This opens the System Configuration Utility.
- Click the Services tab.
- Make sure all the following services are turned on. To turn on a service, click to select the check box.
- Application Layer Gateway Service
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness (NLA)
- Plug and Play
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Click OK, and then click Restart.
- After Windows restarts, rerun the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard.
For additional information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Service Does Not Start and Displays "Error 1058"
Did this fix the problem?
Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support
ICS ICSW fixit fixme fix it
Article ID: 827328 - Last Review: 08/05/2016 07:35:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbsecurity kbmisctools kbmsifixme kbfixme KB827328