junxiu li MVP
COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
When you click the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the system tray to remove hardware, you may receive an error message and can not remove it successfully.
When you click the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the system tray to remove hardware, you may receive the following error message:
Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
The device ‘Generic volume’ cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.
This behavior can occur there are open handles with any files in the USB Mass Storage Device are in use by another program.
Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
1. Download a free utility from a third-party Web site at the following address:
2. Click Find, Find Handle or DLL in the tool menu.
• Type the drive letter of the USB device in the Handle or DLL substring textbox, and press Search Button.
• Find the process and its PID in the following box.
• In system process tree view, find the process according to the Find Handle or DLL dialog box.
• Press Ctrl + H to show Handles in Lower Pane View.
• Find the File according with the drive letter , and right click it, choose Close Handle.
This issue can also be resolved by other third-party utility such as Unlocker.