This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Note Existing Data Protection Manager to Windows Azure customers should upgrade to the latest agent (version 2.0.9083.0 or a later version). If the latest agent is not installed, online backups may fail, and no Data Protection Manager to Windows Azure operation will work.
Issues that are fixed
This update fixes the following issues:
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) missing during mount or unmount operations.
- VHD mount or unmount takes a long time to finish.
- Data Protection Manager performance is decreased because of multiple update agent jobs.
- Data Protection Manager console crashes while recovering data from online recovery points.
- Data Protection Manager crashes when you move protected clients to another disk.
- Data Protection Manager System State and Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) fails intermittently for multiple servers.
- Indefinite looping occurs for consistency check jobs for Resilient Change Tracking (RCT) on a virtual machine (VM) because of I/O errors.
- Update Rollup 5 for Data Protection Manager 2016 cannot enumerate SQL Server 2017 Availability Group databases for protection.
- Data Protection Manager 2016 Update Rollup Agent causes a restart of the protected server.
Note A fresh installation of the Update Rollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
How to obtain Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager
Update packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Installation instructions for Data Protection Manager
To install this update for Data Protection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install this rollup package on the server that's running System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Note: This update rollup agent update requires you to restart protected servers in order to create or change protection groups.
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console
Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Method 2: Update the protection agents on the protected servers
Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager server:
The installation packages are as follows:
For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4456327.msp
For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4456327_AMD64.msp
Run the appropriate DPMProtectionAgent.msp package on each protected server, depending on the architecture of the agent.
Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console on the System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager server.
Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab. Select the protected server, update the information, and then verify that the agent version number is 5.0.375.0.