Improvements and fixes
This update for Azure Stack version 1809 includes quality improvements. No new features are being introduced in this update. The update includes the following important changes:
- Mitigation to eliminate a flood of non-actionable alerts. The following alerts now have an increased threshold:
- Scale unit node unavailable
- Infrastructure role instance unavailable
- Added new Alert that notifies operators about missing certificates that are required for the new Extension Host.
- Improved Portal and Tile Load performance for users that have names that contain Unicode characters.
- Various Managed Disks, Virtual Machine, and Blob Service performance and reliability improvements.
- Updated the Managed Disks usage meters, as documented in the Usage API related FAQ.
Note As of the release date of this article and the hotfix, no documentation changes to the "Usage API-related FAQ" article have yet been made. Check that article regularly for the revised information. The revision will be indicated by an update to the article modification date.
How to get this hotfix
Download the following hotfix files. Then, follow the instructions on the Apply updates in Azure Stack page on the Microsoft Docs website to apply this update to Azure Stack.
To apply this hotfix, you must have at least version 1.1809.0.90 installed.
Important As outlined in the Release Notes for the 1809 update, make sure that you follow the instructions that are provided in the "Prerequisites" section to run Test-AzureStack (by using specified parameters), and that you resolve any operational issues, including all warnings and failures. Also, review the active alerts, and resolve any that require action.