Use these steps for Windows programs. If you're having problems with an app you got from Microsoft Store, go to Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.
The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps you automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing or removing programs. It also fixes corrupted registry keys.
First, you'll need to download the troubleshooter.
If you see the File Download box when you start downloading, select Run or Open.
The troubleshooter provides steps for you to follow. If a program isn't listed in the uninstall options, you'll be asked for that program's product code. To access the code, you'll need a tool for reading MSI files—which is typically available to IT professionals. You'll find the product code in the property table of the MSI file.
What it fixes
The troubleshooter helps fix problems that:
- Corrupt registry keys on 64-bit operating systems.
- Corrupt registry keys that control the update data.
- Prevent new programs from being installed.
- Prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated.
- Block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7