Mandatory SQL Server 2012 SP1 hotfix
After you install SQL Server 2012 SP1, you may experience an issue in which Windows Installer starts repeatedly. This issue is described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. This article includes a link to a downloadable hotfix that resolves the issue:
Note It is mandatory that you install this hotfix after you install SQL Server 2012 SP1.
After applying Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2012 you may encounter a known issue! Details inside…..
- Service pack installations will be ‘unattended’ (quiet).
- Microsoft Update will apply the SQL Server service pack to all instances of SQL Server that are installed on the target computer.
Note The service pack is applied to all instances SQL Server that match the SQL Server version of the service pack.
- For more information about Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft website:
Service packs are cumulative. Each new service pack contains all the fixes that are in previous service packs, together with any new fixes. You do not have to install a previous service pack before you install the latest service pack.
- KB2958069 How to obtain the latest SQL Server 2014 service pack
- KB2527041 How to obtain the latest SQL Server 2008 R2 service pack
- KB968382 How to obtain the latest SQL Server 2008 service pack
- Microsoft SQL Server support lifecycle
- KB321185 How to determine the version and edition of SQL Server and its components
- KB957826 The builds for all SQL Server versions
- KB822499 Naming schema and Fix area descriptions for SQL Server software update packages
- KB824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Artikel-id: 2755533 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 24 nov. 2015 - Revisie: 1