Learn where to adjust the settings on your Microsoft Band.
You can adjust many settings on your Microsoft Band or in the Microsoft Band app on your phone. Here’s a quick overview of where to find and change settings.
- Settings you can change on your Band
- Turn notifications and haptic alerts on or off
- Choose a theme color and wallpaper
- Personal settings and preferences
| || Do Not Disturb |
Turn Do Not Disturb on or off.
| || Brightness |
Set touchscreen brightness (low, medium, high, or auto-set).
| || Watch Mode || || Bluetooth |
Turn Bluetooth ® on or off or put it in pairing mode.
| || Airplane Mode |
Turn Airplane Mode on or off.
| || Power |
| || Activity Reminder || Device info |
| || Tools |
You can turn notifications on or off for things like incoming messages or calls.
- To get notifications, you must turn Bluetooth on and Airplane Mode off on both your Band and your phone. Here’s where to change these settings on your Band:
- Settings Tile > Bluetooth> On or Off
- Settings Tile > Airplane Mode> On or Off
- Settings Tile
- You must enable tile notifications for the Band, too. You can change notification settings for specific tiles in the Microsoft Band app under Manage Tiles. For more info, see Manage tiles and notifications.
You can also turn haptic (vibration) alerts on or off and set the intensity level for the vibration. Here’s how:
- Settings Tile > Tools> Haptic Alert Levels > Low, Medium, High, or Off
For convenience, you can turn on Do Not Disturb to prevent haptic alerts even if you have them turned on:
- Settings Tile > Do Not Disturb> On or Off
You can choose a theme color and wallpaper to use on your Band. Here’s how:
|Step 1:|| |
On your phone, tap the Microsoft Band app.
For accurate calculations of your calories burned and other data, keep your profile and preferences current:
On your phone, tap the Microsoft Band app, tap Menu, and tap:
|Profile to change your:||Preferences to choose units of measure for:|
| || |