The Your Phone experience starts on your PC with Windows 10 and the Your Phone app. From your PC you can connect to select Android and Samsung devices with these two apps:
- Your Phone Companion (YPC) app for most Android phones
- Link to Windows (LTW) app preinstalled on selected Samsung phones
You’ll see these names combined as “Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows” in the Google Play Store and in the Galaxy Store. In the Microsoft Store, you’ll see “Your Phone.” This link between your device and PC gives you instant access to everything you love. Read and reply to text messages with ease, view recent photos from your phone, use your favorite mobile apps, and manage your phone’s notifications right on your PC.
Minimum system requirements
The Your Phone app will work with the following minimum system requirements:
- A PC running Windows 10 April 2018 Update or later.
- A phone running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above.
Getting started and troubleshooting
You will find Your Phone preinstalled on the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. We’ll guide you through the extra few steps needed to complete the set up process.
On your PC:
- In the search box on the taskbar, search for your phone and select Your Phone from the results.
- You’ll be asked to sign into your Microsoft Account.
- Enter your mobile number when prompted. This will send a text message to your Android phone.
On your Android phone:
- Open the text message. It contains a link to download the Your Phone Companion app.
- Install Your Phone Companion and open the app.
- Follow the guided set up process. If prompted to sign into the Your Phone Companion app, be sure to use the same Microsoft Account you’re using on your PC.
That’s it! Now use the Your Phone app on your PC to enjoy a wealth of cross-device experiences.