The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows 10. You can also send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.
Sending a suggestion or reporting a problem can be as easy as finding feedback similar to yours and upvoting it or adding your experience. However, if you can’t find feedback like yours, then go ahead and create a new piece of feedback for us. You can even attach some screenshots or recreate a problem to help us see what you’re experiencing.
When you open the Feedback Hub app, you’ll see the Home page. Here’s what you’ll find there:
- The Feedback tab containing the All feedback view showing feedback from other customers and the My feedback view to see feedback you’ve created or participated in.
- A search box, with the default text Give us feedback to make Windows better.
- The Report a problem and Suggest a feature buttons, which take you to the Feedback page where you can see if someone has already submitted the same report and upvote it, or submit a new report.
If you are not logged into your Microsoft account, you’ll only be able to add new feedback; you won’t be able to search existing feedback or see the status of feedback you might have submitted previously.
If you need to report a problem that requires a more immediate or direct response, use the Get Help app or go to support.microsoft.com.
Find existing feedback
- Select the Start button, and then open Feedback Hub .
- If you haven’t already, sign into your Microsoft account to take advantage of the full functionality of the Feedback Hub app. If you prefer not to sign in, you can still give feedback; see Adding Feedback to learn how.
- In the search box at the top of the home page, type your problem or suggestion and then select the search icon at the far right of the search box.
- In the search results, look for feedback similar to yours. The more specific your search query, the better chance you’ll have of displaying feedback like yours.
- If you find a similar Suggestion to yours, select Upvote.
- If you find a similar Problem to yours, select Add similar feedback and follow the directions below to add your own experience, starting with step 4.
- If you don’t find any feedback or a good match to yours then select Add new feedback and add your own!
Here are some guidelines for good feedback
- Make your title concise and descriptive. This will help others find and upvote your feedback.
- Send one thought per feedback.
- Information about your device, operating system, and applications are automatically included in each reported feedback.
- In the Summarize your feedback box, provide a concise but clear title for your problem or suggestion.
- In the Explain in more detail (optional) box, you can give us more specific information, like how you encountered the problem.
- Select Next.
- Select whether this is a Problem or a Suggestion.
- Based on the information you provided in Summarize your feedback, we will attempt to fill in the category and subcategory for you, but if you feel they should be changed to something that more accurately describes the area for your feedback, you may change the autoselected values. For example, if your printer stopped working, you’d select Devices and Drivers, then Print as the subcategory. When you are satisfied, select Next.
- If similar feedback to yours is displayed where we can add your experience, select that, or select New feedback if nothing matches, then select Next.
- If this is a Suggestion, move along to the next step. If this is a Problem, check Prioritize this as high severity if you feel the issue merits more urgent attention, then select the item that best describes the problem you are facing. Depending on what category and subcategory you selected earlier, there may be further questions.
- (Optional) Step through the problem while capturing the steps so we can see what happened.
- Select Recreate the problem (recommended).
- Select what types of data to include and whether to include screenshots, and then select Start recording.
- Perform the steps that led to the problem.
- When you’ve completed the steps, select Stop recording.
- You can close Feedback Hub if you need to and the capture will continue.
- Even though capturing is optional, it’s a good way to help Microsoft determine the cause of the problem and address it for you and others having that problem.
- (Optional) Send a screenshot to help show the problem.
- Go to where the problem happened, press the Windows logo key + Print screen to take a picture of your screen.
- Select Attach a screenshot, go to the Pictures/Screenshots folder, select the screenshot you want to send, and then press Enter.
- (Optional) Select Save a local copy of diagnostics and attachments created when giving feedback if you would like such a copy for your own reference.
- Based on your telemetry settings, you may see a checkbox that says I agree to send attached files and diagnostics to Microsoft along with my feedback. If so, be sure to check that, and then select Submit.
Do more as a Windows Insider
The Feedback Hub becomes even more powerful when you are a member of the Windows Insider program, where you can test out upcoming Windows features, get tips from the global Insider community, and much more!
As a Windows Insider, use the Feedback Hub to:
- Read Announcements about Windows Insider builds and progress on future versions of Windows
- Participate in Quests designed to help test new Windows features
- Unlock Achievements based on providing feedback and completing Quests
For more on the Windows Insider program and how you can join, see the Windows Insider site.