This article covers the steps to cancel your Microsoft subscriptions such as free trials, Xbox Live and Office 365.
To cancel your Microsoft subscription
- Go to Services & subscriptions, and sign in with the Microsoft account you used when purchasing your subscription.
- Find your subscription and select Manage. If you see Turn on recurring billing instead of Manage, skip to the Troubleshooting section - otherwise proceed to step 3.
- On the next page, select Cancel or Upgrade or Cancel, depending on your subscription type.
- Follow the instructions on the page to proceed with cancellation.
Troubleshoot issues if you can't cancel your subscription
If you don't see Manage on your Services & subscriptions page, or can't cancel or turn off recurring billing, try the following:
- Make sure you're signed into the Microsoft account you used when purchasing your subscription.
- If you see Turn on recurring billing instead of Manage, your subscription will expire at the date shown for your subscription and you don't need to do anything else. To see details about your subscription, select Payment & billing under your subscription as shown below.
- Check if a payment method needs to be updated. If it does, we'll let you know when you arrive at Services & subscriptions. To fix any issues, go to Payment options.
- To see our complete cancellation policy, see Microsoft Store Terms of Sale.