Here's how you can add a device to your Microsoft account:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account on an Xbox or PC.
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, select Don't see your device?, then follow the instructions.
- On an iOS device: Download Microsoft Edge from the Apple App Store and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- On an Android device: Download Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Launcher, or Your Phone Companion from the Google Play Store and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- MacOS devices can't be added at this time.
Register a device to see its warranty
To see the warranty coverage for your Surface, Surface accessory, Xbox, or Xbox accessory, you'll need to register its serial number. Some online features won't be available when you add your device this way.
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and select Don’t see your device? to continue.
- Enter your device's serial number to register it to your account.
- Select your device to see its warranty information.
If your Surface is managed or owned by your company or organization, you don't need to register it. To contact support and get additional resources for that situation, see Surface for Business help.
Fix a device
If you're having problems with your device, you can get help online and create a service order. After you register your device, here's how to create a service order:
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and select the device that's having issues.
- Select Start order, then follow the instructions.
Rename a device
Change the default name of your device so you can quickly identify it in your Microsoft account. When you want to download an app or game to another device, you'll be able to find the device using its new name.
On the PC you want to rename:
- Select Start > Settings > System > About .
- Select Rename this PC.
- Enter a new name and select Next. You may be asked to sign in.
- Select Restart now or Restart later.
On the Xbox you want to rename:
- Select Settings > System > Console info > Name.
- Enter the new name and select Enter.
- Restart your Xbox.
Remove a device
If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices, here's how to remove it:
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
- Select Show details to see info for that device.
- Under your device's name, select Manage > Remove.
- Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.
If you want to remove a device for a child in your family, have your child sign into account.microsoft.com/devices, then follow the same instructions.
Unlink a device from Microsoft Store
If you can't download content from the Microsoft Store, you may have reached your device limit. Manage your limit by removing devices you don't use or no longer have access to. To unlink a device:
- Sign in with your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com/devices/content.
- Find the device you want to remove and select Unlink.
- Review your device details and select Unlink.
Once you unlink a device, it won't count towards your device limit. If you haven't reached the limit, and download an app or game on this device later, it will count towards your device limit again.
If you're having trouble downloading or updating apps on any of your devices, see Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store or I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store.
Find or fix a device in your Microsoft account
If your device is missing, and you've signed in to it with your Microsoft account, you might be able to find it. Here's how:
- Sign in to account.microsoft.com/devices.
- Find the device you want to find, then select Show details.
- Select Find my device.
- To check for any security issues, go to Windows Defender settings, select Show details, and check your security status.
For more info on finding your device, go to Find and lock a lost Windows device.