Here are some solutions to try if you can connect to Wi-Fi but can’t browse the web on your Surface or your network has limited connectivity.
- Before you begin, check your symptoms
- Can’t browse the web on any devices
- Can browse the web on other devices but not on Surface
Before trying any of these solutions, make sure that the symptoms you have are the same as those described below. If you’re having other issues with Wi-Fi, see Can’t connect to a wireless network for other solutions.
Check the Wi-Fi settings on your Surface:
- Go to Start and select Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
What you see
Check your network on another device
You should first check to see whether your network is working properly on another device. Can you connect to your wireless network and browse the web from another PC, tablet, or smartphone?
- If you can’t browse the web from any other device, the problem may be with the network itself. See Can’t browse the web on any devices below.
- If you can browse the web on another PC or tablet but not on your Surface, see Can browse the web on other devices but not on Surface below.