Having notifications turned on in the Microsoft Family Safety app will help make sure you're notified in any scenario that may impact your family’s physical and digital safety. If you are not receiving notifications on your iOS device, here are some steps you can go through to fix the issue.
Turn on Family Safety notifications on iOS devices
1. Install the Family Safety app if you haven't already and make sure you’re signed in
2. Check that Family Safety has Notification Access by:
Go to Settings > Notifications
Select “Family Safety” under Notification Style.
Make sure Allow Notifications is set as "On"
3. Choose a type of alert and banner style
4. If your device is running an iOS version 14 or lower, make sure Do not Disturb mode is set to "Off"
5. If your device is running an iOS version 15 or higher:
Starting in iOS 15, Focus mode would interfere with your notifications being received. You need to Give Family Safety authorization to notify you when you’re in focus mode
Go to Settings -> Focus
For every focus mode:
Tap on the mode
Select Apps under Allowed Notifications
Select Add App Under Allowed Apps
Select Family Safety from the list
Now Family Safety should be able to notify you even if you have a focus mode turned on.
Tip: If you’ve recently installed Family Safety or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
If none of these steps fix your issue, email email@example.com