Use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account.
- Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Under Payment & billing, select Payment options.
- Select Redeem bitcoin, select the amount you want to add, then select Next.
- Review the amount of Bitcoin needed and use your digital wallet to complete the transaction within 15 minutes.
- On your PC: select Open in wallet and pay from your Bitcoin wallet on the same device.
- On your phone: scan the QR code on the page to pay from your mobile wallet app.
- If your wallet is on another device, you can copy the receiving address and BTC amount to the wallet on your device or the web and then make your purchase.
The fine print
- When you redeem Bitcoin to deposit funds into your Microsoft account, you can use it to purchase games, movies, and apps in the Windows and Xbox stores. You cannot use these funds to purchase items in the Microsoft online store.
- Money added to your Microsoft account using Bitcoin can't be refunded.
- You can't use money in your Microsoft account to buy gift cards.
- Most Bitcoin transactions should process immediately. If it doesn't, please wait up to two hours for the transaction to complete before contacting support.
- Support for adding money to a Microsoft account with Bitcoin is not available in all countries and regions.
- If you believe that there was an error with your Bitcoin transaction, please contact Support. Make sure you have this info at hand before you contact us.
- Your refund receiving Bitcoin address
- Blockchain transaction ID/URL
- Transaction details including amount, date, sending address, and receiving address
Please refer to your Bitcoin wallet help for any questions about getting this info.
Article ID: 13942 - Last Review: Aug 11, 2017 - Revision: 17