The Business Contact Manager for Outlook Database Tool allows administrators to host Business Contact Manager for Outlook databases on a computer on which Microsoft Office 2013 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 are not installed. Once installed on a server, this tool will allow users to:
- Create and back up Business Contact Manager 2013 databases. To create a database, the user must be the local administrator.
- Restore databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003.
- Share Business Contact Manager databases with other users on a local network.
- Migrate databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007.
Supported operating systemsThis tool is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP3 (32-bit only) installed.
How to obtain and install the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database ToolDownload the package from the Microsoft Download Center.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Business Contact Manager for Outlook Database Tool 32-bit package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
File informationBusiness Contact Manager Database Tool
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Known issues and behavior changes
User cannot create new database when SQL Server 2012 services logged on as Network ServiceIf a user of the BCM Database Tool is using SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 and is logged in as a Network Service, they may see the following error message:
The workaround is to log on as a Local System instead of as a Network Service.
Cannot create a new database. The operation has been rolled back. Please make sure the database service is running.
Uninstall informationTo remove Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, select Programs, and then select Programs and Features.
- Right-click Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.