Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office that turns off the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) Filter in Office by default, as a defense-in-depth measure. We are aware of limited targeted attacks that could leverage an unpatched vulnerability in the EPS filter, and we are taking this action to help reduce customer risk until the security update is released.
We strongly recommend against turning on the EPS filter at this time. However, customers who need to turn on the EPS filter can reference KB Article 2479871:
2479871 Security settings for graphic filters for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2010, and the 2007 Microsoft Office system
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Office 2016 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes the following improvements and fixes:
- If some document fields are marked as "required" in a SharePoint library, they don't appear as required fields in the Info pane when the document is opened in Office applications.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector name is changed from "Dynamics CRM Online" to "Dynamics 365 (online)."
- Corrects the translation of Outline View in Danish in PowerPoint 2016.
- When you open a OneDrive-synchronized file for the first time in Microsoft Visio 2016, the sign-in dialog box appears unexpectedly.
- After you install this update, you can make a high-importance message more prominent in Skype for Business.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB3127986.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|