This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
- Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
- Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
- Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
- Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
- Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
- Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
|The Cluster Service may not start automatically on the first reboot after applying the update.||Workaround is to either start the Cluster Service with the Start-ClusterNode PowerShell cmdlet or to reboot the node.|
|Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor.||To work around this issue please consider the following options:|
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Update replacement information
This update replaces the previously released update KB3206632.
- File information
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update KB3213986. If you're installing a Windows 10 update for the first time, the package size for the X86 version is 527 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 973 MB.
Article ID: 4009938 - Last Review: Jan 10, 2017 - Revision: 10