This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVEs:
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016, which contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see New features included in the November 2016 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 1) and New features included in the September 2017 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 2).
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains improvements and fixes for the following nonsecurity issues in SharePoint Server 2016:
- The look-up fields such as FileRef and FileDirRef fields cannot be filtered by using SharePoint Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs.
When you select the See conversations link of a followed user, you receive the following error message:
Looks like somebody deleted this conversation.
- You still receive status report reminders even after you are removed from the response list.
This security update contains improvements and fixes for the following nonsecurity issues in Project Server 2016:
- Portfolio Analysis View displays incorrect availability and requirements information in certain conditions, depending on data and planning horizon settings.
You cannot see Queue Job status because duplicated Project Publish reporting causes the Manage Queue page not to be loaded. In addition, you receive the following error message:
Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred
- The Capacity Planning Views don’t always display project assignments for each selected resource.
- When you change the definition of the Task Status field in the Task content type, the “In Progress” value that was deleted previously still appears occasionally.
When the assignment actual work is missing in the published database, the timesheets pages don’t load in single entry mode. In addition, you receive the following error message:
The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view.
- When you create resource engagements from Project Web App(PWA), the PWA always uses 8 hours for one day instead of the expected setting from Enterprise Global.
When you open projects from Project Center in Project Web App by using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7, you receive the following error message in the browser:
Action Not available -Project Professional needs to be installed to open the project. Install project and try again
- The title of Project Detail Pages displays encoded Unicode characters unexpectedly. For example, the character “&” in the title becomes “&”.
- You cannot create customer views that are based on filtering and grouping in Project Web App.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: April 10, 2018.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 4018293.
File hash information
|Package name||Package hash SHA 1||Package hash SHA 2|
For the list of files this update KB 4018336 contains, download the file information for update 4018336.
How to get help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on SharePoint: SharePoint User Voice portal