Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)
With the release of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809, we’re empowering a new era of personal productivity. We’ve focused on helping people across their work and personal lives by offering tools for whole life experiences and to help IT pros holistically and more easily manage devices and deployments.
To learn more about what’s new in this update and how to get it, see:
Updates for Windows 10, version 1809
On the left side of this page, you’ll find a list of all the updates released for this version of Windows. You can also find more information about releases and any known issues. Installing the most recent update ensures that you also get any previous updates you might have missed, including any important security fixes.
- For information about how to update, see Update Windows 10.
- If you have questions about manually installing or removing an update, see Windows Update: FAQ.
- Getting an error message when updating? See Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10.
- If you need to activate Windows, see Activation in Windows 10. If you’re having trouble with activation, see Get help with Windows activation errors.
Known issues updating to Windows 10, version 1809
We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)* for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.
For the latest information on this issue please see John Cable's blog.
If you have manually checked for updates and believe you have an issue with missing files after an update, please minimize your use of the affected device and contact us directly at +1-800-MICROSOFT, or find a local number in your area.
Alternatively use a different device to contact us (link will vary according to country of origin).
If you have manually downloaded the Windows 10 October 2018 Update installation media, please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.
We will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.
- Windows 10, version 1809
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2019
- Windows 10 IoT Core, version 1809
- Windows Server, version 1809
- Windows Server 2019
Current Status as of: October 9, 2018