When you open the privacy dashboard, you'll have tools to manage your privacy settings. You'll be able to view and clear data, including your searching, browsing, location, voice, media, and apps and services activity. See the Microsoft Privacy Statement to learn more about the data we collect, or learn more about privacy in Windows 10.
Manage which data is collected
We use collected data to personalize your experiences, help keep you safe, and improve our software, services, and devices. You can choose which data you share.
To change your privacy settings on your Windows 10 device, select the Start button, then select Settings > Privacy .
Tips for viewing your data
If your data is taking a long time to appear on the privacy dashboard, make sure:
- Your device is turned on and plugged in.
- Your device has continuous internet connectivity—you're not using a metered internet connection.
- The battery saver is off if your device is running on battery power. To check, select the Start button, and then select Settings > System > Battery and make sure that the Battery saver setting is turned Off.
If you don't see the data you're expecting, it might be because:
- You didn't sign in with your Microsoft account.
- You cleared your data recently and turned off the settings that allow Microsoft to collect data.
- You don’t use the feature or service you’re trying to view data for. This could be because you're too young to use it, or the feature or service isn’t supported in your country or region.
- The data can't be displayed right now. Microsoft will show it when it's available.
- The data isn't available on the privacy dashboard.
Browse activity appears only if you:
- Enable Cortana in Windows, and in Microsoft Edge.
- Turn on browsing history in Cortana.
Search activity appears only if you:
- Search from Bing, and are signed in to Bing with your Microsoft account—though you can still view your search activity on the Bing.com Search History page.
- Land on Bing pages when you search from Cortana. Search activity doesn't appear if you search from the Cortana app on a phone that uses an iOS or Android operating system.