Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
To keep your Surface Laptop 2 performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface Laptop 2
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
June 2019 updates
June 27 release
The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater:
Windows Update History Name
Device Manager Name
Surface – Firmware – 137.2706.768.0
Surface UEFI - Firmware
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers. The following is a known issue:
|We're aware that the Intel Graphics Control Panel Microsoft Store app, which installs with their latest graphics driver update, is currently experiencing compatibility issues with Surface Laptop 2 devices, and we're working with Intel on a fix. Please note that this compatibility issue does not affect the performance of your Surface.||Once we have a fix, your Surface will be updated automatically, or the app can be manually uninstalled without affecting the performance of your Surface.|