To keep your Surface Studio 2 performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface Studio 2
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
June 2020 updates
June 10 release
The following updates are available for all Surface Studio 2 devices running Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809 or greater:
Windows Update History Name
Device Manager Name
Version & Update Notes
Surface - Firmware - 184.108.40.20626
Surface ME - Firmware
Intel – System – 19220.127.116.116
Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System
|Surface – Extension - 18.104.22.168||Intel iCLS Client Extension|| |
|Intel – Software Component - 1904.12.0.1208||Intel(R) ICLS Client - Software devices|| |
|Surface – System – 22.214.171.124||Surface Integration Service Device – System devices|| |
|Intel Corporation - System - 126.96.36.199||Intel Camera IR – System devices|| |
|Surface – Firmware – 119.3195.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware|| |
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers.
- Currently, there are no known issues