The USB-C charging base is an accessory designed for the Surface Slim Pen. Here's how to set it up and use it with your Surface.
Some products may not be available in your country or region.
Get to know USB-C charging base
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- USB-C port
- Charging base
- Surface Slim Pen
Start using your pen
To see if video captioning is available in your language, select the Closed captions icon after the video starts.
Set up your pen
To use your pen for the first time, charge it to wake it up. Here's how:
- Plug the USB-C end of the cable into the charging base.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a USB-A power source, like your Surface.
- Place your pen in the charging base. Wait for a moment, then remove the pen to start writing on your Surface.
When the LED light on your Slim Pen turns amber, place it in the charging base to recharge the battery. For more info about the indicator light, go to Use Surface Slim Pen.
Pair your Slim Pen to a Surface
Use Bluetooth to pair your pen to a Surface:
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth .
- Press and hold the top button of your pen for 5-7 seconds until the LED light flashes white to turn on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to pair your pen.
If you have a Surface Pro X, use Swift Connect to automatically connect your Slim Pen. To do this, simply write on the screen with your pen.