Setting up messages
While setting up the Your Phone app, you'll be prompted to enable access to your phone's messages, but if you choose not to at that point, you can always turn it on in the Your Phone app settings.
To do this, open the Your Phone app, go to Settings, and under Messages, turn on the toggles for:
- Allow this app to show text messages from my phone
- Allow this app to send MMS attachments from my phone
- Allow this app to receive MMS attachments from my phone
- Automatically download MMS attachments from my phone
You can also manage your notifications and alerts for messages using the other toggles in the list:
- Show notification banners
- Badge on taskbar
To send a new message from your PC:
- On your PC, in the Your Phone app, select Messages.
- To start a new conversation, select New message.
Am I limited to text messages or does it work with MMS too?
The Your Phone app supports messages sent by Short Message Service (SMS). It also supports Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messaging. You can still send your favorite photos and your GIFs from your PC.
How many messages can I see?
To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, we show text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.
Can I manage or delete my messages?
You can't manage or delete messages on your PC.