When you visit the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The following error code appears in the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Internet Explorer window:0x8007041D
- If you try to stop the Automatic Updates service, you receive the following error message:Error 1054: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The Eset NOD32 antivirus program is running on the computer.
- The NOD32 antivirus version is earlier than NOD32 version 2.50.23.
To resolve this issue, upgrade the NOD32 program to version 2.50.23 or to a later version. For more information about how to update the NOD32 version, visit the following Eset Web site:Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
To determine whether the NOD32 antivirus program is running on the computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, determine whether the NOD32 antivirus system appears under Currently installed programs.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
<date> <time> -0700 932 3a8 Service received SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP control
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate: Failed to stop service wuauserv, error = 0x8007041D
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8007041D
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup *********
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup ** END ** Setup: Installing client binaries
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup *************
<date> <time> 3696 d58 Setup FATAL: InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error 0x8007041d
<date> <time> 3696 d58 WUWeb FATAL: InstallUpdatedBinaries failed with error:0x8007041d
Article ID: 902322 - Last Review: Jul 20, 2008 - Revision: 1