October 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
Issues that this update fixes
List of the fixed issues
- 2998224 Memory leak occurs when you play mp4 files in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2994774 Only five Windows Store applications are pinned on Start screen after OOBE in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- 2992811 Computer freezes when you switch to another account in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2996799 Device takes a long time to hibernate or shut down after you plug in an SD card in Windows 8.1
- 2996534 Rotated images in PowerPoint 2013 are printed incorrectly when you use XPS in Windows
- 2990172 SD card is not recognized when you wake up the computer in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2979583 Additional thick line is printed on a page that has an Excel chart in Windows
- 2997764 Loading indicator does not disappear when you play a video in Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2996804 Multiple printer icons appear when you unplug a printer in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2993220 iSCSI target does not send a session start notification on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based cluster
- 2990170 Multipath I/O identifies different disks as the same disk in Windows
- 2989936 An NTFS volume is flagged as dirty after each restart, and CHKDSK can find no issues
- 2989658 SCVMM crashes during live migration on a SMB-based storage system on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based Hyper-V server
- 2959146 Update for data deduplication to improve scalability in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2957699 Confusing message from Work Folders in Action Center when you change or disconnect the network in Windows 8.1
- 2996808 Gray conversion of the RGB color is printed incorrectly through a PCL 6 version 4 driver in Windows
- 2996807 Print jobs are intermittently processed slowly through Windows 8.1-based or Windows Server 2012 R2-based printer servers
- 2996502 Sitka fonts cannot be printed correctly by using an XPS print driver in Windows
- 2996207 Network printers that use TCP/IP port cannot print after first document has printed in Windows
- 2995081 Telephony equipment errors when the Internet telephony system runs on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based DNS server
- 2990969 User can change proxy settings that are locked by GPO in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2988609 You cannot print fax by using a fax modem in Windows
- 2974313 A domain controller freezes when an event subscription manager list is long in Windows
- 2966407 Backing up virtual machines fails when using the CSV writer after installation of update 2919355 in Windows
Known issues with this update
Text for DNS events is not rendered in DNS Manager mmc snap-in after you install August 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (2975719) or a later version of monthly updates on Windows Server 2012 R2-based DNS servers.
View DNS events by using the Event Viewer and Computer Management snap-ins.
How to obtain the update rollup
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is provided as an Important update from Windows Update. If you turn on automatic updating, this update is automatically installed.
How to perform Windows Update
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up), tap or click Settings, tap or click Change PC settings, and then tap or click Update and recovery.
- Tap or click Check now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If updates are found, tap or click Install updates.
- Select update 2995388 under Optional, and then tap or click Install.
For more information about Windows Update, see frequently asked questions on Windows Update.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterYou can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center.
Download the x86-based Windows 8.1 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows 8.1 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows Server 2012 R2 update package now.
Note The update for Windows RT 8.1 can be obtained only from Windows Update.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update detail information
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must first install update 2919355 on Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File detail informationFor a list of the files that are provided in this update 2995388, download the file information for update 2995388.
File hash informationThe following table lists the thumbprints of the certificates that are used to sign the updates (.msu). Verify the certificate thumbprint in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article against the certificate thumbprint indicated on the update that you download.
|File name||SHA1 and SHA2|
Article ID: 2995388 - Last Review: 07/17/2015 03:12:00 - Revision: 10.0
- kbfix kbsurveynew atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced KB2995388