Cumulative Update for Windows 10: March 8, 2016
This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3142015 MS16-023: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: March 8, 2016
- 3142019 MS16-024: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: March 8, 2016
- 3143148 MS16-026: Security update for graphic fonts to address remote code execution: March 8, 2016
- 3143146 MS16-027: Security update for Windows media to address remote code execution: March 8, 2016
- 3143081 MS16-028: Security update for Microsoft Windows PDF Library to address remote code execution: March 8, 2016
- 3143136 MS16-030: Security update for Windows OLE to address remote code execution: March 8, 2016
- 3143141 MS16-032: Security update for Secondary Logon to address elevation of privilege: March 8, 2016
- 3143142 MS16-033: Security update for Windows USB mass storage class driver to address elevation of privilege: March 8, 2016
- 3143145 MS16-034: Security update for Windows kernel-mode drivers to address elevation of privilege: March 8, 2016
- 3141780 MS16-035: Security update for the .NET Framework to address security feature bypass
Windows 10 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously released fixes.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer. If you are installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package for the x86 version is 292 MB and the package for the x64 version is 624 MB.
Note Customers running Windows 10 on the enterprise or long term servicing branches or those running builds prior to Version 1511 need to apply the April Windows 10 CU to address CVE-2016-0133 to ensure they are fully protected. For more information, click the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
3147461 Cumulative Update for Windows 10: April 12, 2016
Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou may be prompted to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3135174.
File InformationFor a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update, download the file information for cumulative update 3140745.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3140745 - Last Review: 04/12/2016 21:19:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB3140745