You receive a "0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED" error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or use the Microsoft Update Web site
When you try to download updates from the Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs because there is a file mismatch, or the Msxml.dll files are corrupted.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Upgrade or reinstall the Microsoft XML parser
To download the latest XML parser, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Method 2: Replace the corrupted files
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Copy the following DLL files from the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder on a computer that is working to the computer that is experiencing the problem:
- After you replace the files, you must register the files. To register the files, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then clickRun
- In the Open box, type REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSXML.DLL, and then click OK. You receive a message when the registration succeeds.
- Repeat steps a and b with the following files:
- Restart your computer.
Article ID: 836982 - Last Review: 09/14/2010 16:51:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Windows Update, Microsoft Update
- kbwindowsupdatev6 kbwindowsupdate kberrmsg kbprb KB836982