How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
I am currently using Windows Update. How can I access Microsoft Update?To use Microsoft Update instead of Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Start Now.
- On the Review the license agreement page, click Continue.
- Click Install.
Note You may not be prompted to install the Microsoft Update software if this software is already available on the computer.
I am currently using Microsoft Update. How can I access Windows Update?To stop using the Microsoft Update Web site and start using the Windows Update Web site, follow these steps:
- On the Microsoft Update site, click Change Settings.
- Scroll down the page, click to select the Disable Microsoft Update software and let me use Windows Update only check box, and then click Apply changes now.
- You receive the following message: Windows Automatic Updates will not be able to deliver updates from Microsoft Update Service.Click Yes.
Are you sure you want to continue?
Article ID: 901037 - Last Review: 10/03/2005 22:19:14 - Revision: 5.1
- kbtshoot kbhowto KB901037