- If you used Backup and Restore to back up files or create system image backups in previous versions of Windows, your old backup is still available in Windows 10. In the search box next to Start on the taskbar, enter control panel. Then select Control Panel > Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- Backup your PC with File History
- Use File History to back up to an external drive or network location. Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Backup > Add a drive , and then choose an external drive or network location for your backups.
- Restore your files with File History
- If you're missing an important file or folder that you've backed up, here's how to get it back:
In the search box on the taskbar, enter Restore files, and then select Restore your files with File History.
Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location. To save it in a different place, press and hold (or right-click) Restore, select Restore to, and then choose a new location.