Microsoft has released Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update is dated May 29, 2012. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2510607 "Cannot open the free/busy information" error message when you try to view folder permissions in Outlook
- 2514700 Extra.exe does not trace a single user whose legacyExchangeDN attribute contains one or more special characters in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2571342 The Folder contacts list is empty when a user views the properties of a mail-enabled public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2572029 Synchronization of an organizational forms library fails when you use Outlook in Cache mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2586828 The EdgeTransport.exe process consumes 100 percent of CPU resources on an Exchange Server 2010 Edge Transport server
- 2589233 Meeting requests bypass the requirement for delegate approval and instead book resource mailboxes automatically in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2633043 "There were no writeable domain controllers found in Active Directory site" error message when you run the ExBPA tool in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
- 2647396 You cannot disable a public folder by using the "Disable-MailPublicFolder" cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2648263 You cannot open routing log files on Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport servers in a mixed Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2667120 MSExchangeAutodiscoverAppPool application pool crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server when you try to view the free/busy information about a user in a trusted domain
- 2668900 Event ID 2915 is logged when you apply a fallback policy to a service account in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2670099 You cannot open calendar folders that are shared by hidden users in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2671128 RPC Client Access Cross-Site connectivity issues occur in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2673542 MRM retention policy in the Junk E-Mail folder does not work when you manually move email messages in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2673591 Crash occurs in the Autodiscover application pool in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2674185 MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED errors occur when a MAPI application that uses the MAPI function in Outlook 2007 MAPI or in Outlook 2010 tries to access an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2674445 You cannot change the access permissions of a Calendar folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2677872 You cannot use a distribution group in the hierarchical address book when you create the group in Exchange Server 2003
- 2680383 Loading progress dialog box does not disappear in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2681250 "550 5.6.0" NDR when a journal report is sent to an external contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2682047 You cannot access a mailbox for several hours after you disconnect and then reconnect the mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2682408 AddOrganizerToSubject parameter does not take effect when a recurring meeting conflicts with another meeting in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2682895 Error message when a role assignee runs the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2684583 You cannot delete an empty folder in a .pst file by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2689810 A meeting request that you send from an EWS application is in plain text format instead of HTML format when an attendee opens the request by using Outlook in online mode
- 2695011 Junk Email settings do not work as expected after you migrate or move a mailbox to an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Mailbox server
- 2695022 The E-mail Signature text box is not editable in Outlook Web App when you use Google Chrome in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2695836 You cannot move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment that has a message size limit configured
- 2696642 An additional line of space is added in each paragraph in an email message when you click the Printable View icon in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2698927 Resource mailbox that has AutoAccept configured does not process a meeting request that contains custom code or script in Exchange Server 2010
- 2698960 You cannot move some users’ mailboxes from one Exchange Server 2010 mailbox database to another
- 2698976 Managed Folder Assistant does not process a mailbox that has external contacts in another tenant organization in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2699023 Event ID 9646 is logged on the Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server when you access a mailbox that has more than 250 folders by using an IMAP4 client
- 2699577 GAL-related client-only message rule is not applied in Outlook after you apply RU1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2699582 Error message when you play a voice mail by using Outlook 2007 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2700544 Multiple recovery items are added to a subfolder of the Recoverable Items folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2700705 The Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes randomly on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server that has the UDP push notification feature enabled
- 2705425 UMWorkerProcess.exe consumes large amounts of memory when you try to listen to voice messages by using Outlook Voice Access in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2705555 The Set-Mailbox cmdlet takes a long time to complete configuration in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2705570 An error occurs when a user whose mailbox is hidden from the Exchange address list tries to open the Scheduling Assistant tab by using the light version of Outlook Web App
- 2705647 A user cannot log on to a mailbox that is full by using Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2705682 Post-reform spelling rules are not used in the Portuguese (Portugal) dictionary in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2706523 You cannot create a mailbox or mail-enable a mailbox for a disabled user account in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2708880 You cannot set the "Country/region" attribute of a user mailbox to "Curaçao," "Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba," or "Sint Maarten (Dutch part)" by using the Exchange Management Console on an Exchange Server 2010 server
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To use this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP2.
- Deploy Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to Mailbox servers that are part of a DAG.
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSigPCA.crl website. These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server is not connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
Creating Native images for .Net assemblies.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2685289.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2685289 - Last Review: Jun 5, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard