Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) on August 1, 2017. This update also includes the new Skype for Business client. The version number of this update is 15.0.4953.1000.
In addition to the release of the new client, this update fixes a list of issues. Before you install this update, see the prerequisites.
Get update 4011046 for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- The download page will display this update as for Lync 2013.
- After you apply this update, Lync 2013 will be upgraded to Skype for Business.
Get the general information about the new experience in Skype for Business.
- You can still use the Lync client user interface (UI) after you apply this update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
Get the general information about how to switch between the Skype for Business and the Lync client UI for Microsoft Office 365 users and Lync Server 2013 users.
How to install the update
Before you install this update, you must install Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430).
Additionally, to install this update, you must have the following updates installed.
|May 2, 2017, Lynchelploc update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) (KB3191873)|
|May 12, 2015, security update (KB3039779) for Skype for Business||See Knowledge Base article 3039779.|
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Issues that this update fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- KB4035431 “Call forwarding settings failed” dialog occurs after you sign out Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) if RCC is enabled
- KB4035430 Switch between “Compact View” and “Content View” does not work in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035429 Improves join launcher when you join a Skype meeting through a meeting link in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035428 Updates factory image version number for Lync Room System devices in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035427 Security issues when trying to connect to the “skypeforbusiness.us” domain in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035426 Unread messages in persistent chat rooms are marked as read when you click IM conversation tabs in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035425 "MAPI unavailable" error for MAPI connection in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB4035424 Several seconds delay on an incoming instant message toast in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. See Office System TechCenter.